<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>        <rss version="2.0"
             xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
             xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
             xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
             xmlns:admin="http://webns.net/mvcb/"
             xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
             xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/">
        <channel>
            <title>
									Just Producer  Forum - Recent Posts				            </title>
            <link>https://justproducer.com/community/</link>
            <description>Just Producer  Discussion Board</description>
            <language>en-US</language>
            <lastBuildDate>Tue, 29 Sep 2026 23:01:25 +0000</lastBuildDate>
            <generator>wpForo</generator>
            <ttl>60</ttl>
							                    <item>
                        <title>What is the Best DAW for Hip-Hop Beat Production?</title>
                        <link>https://justproducer.com/community/daw/what-is-the-best-daw-for-hip-hop-beat-production/#post-1372</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 11 Sep 2026 07:44:45 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hey guys, I wanted to start a discussion on what the actual best DAW is when it comes to hip hop production.
Now of course this is only my recommendation based on my experience from the pas...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p style="font-size: 16px">Hey guys, I wanted to start a discussion on what the actual best DAW is when it comes to hip hop production.</p>
<p style="font-size: 16px">Now of course this is only my recommendation based on my experience from the past as a music producer who has been producing for well over a decade.</p>
<p style="font-size: 16px">Hip-hop and general modern rap production is a genre which can pretty much be produced in any major DAW.</p>
<p style="font-size: 16px">I have tried many DAWs in the past for trying to produce hip-hop and general rap beats (instrumental compositions).</p>
<p style="font-size: 16px"><strong>What have I learned when trying to produce hip-hop and rap beats in general?</strong></p>
<p style="font-size: 16px">I have used the free trial of <a href="https://www.steinberg.net/cubase/" target="_blank" rel="noopener">Cubase</a>, and also many years ago tried <a href="https://creatorstudio.apple.com" target="_blank" rel="noopener">Logic Pro</a> (when I was in university studying). I have also used GarageBand, which is the default DAW on macOS computers.</p>
<p style="font-size: 16px">I have, however, been using FL Studio Producer Edition (which I purchased back in 2018), and I am still using this DAW software today, as it comes with new free upgrades for life along with my purchase.</p>
<p style="font-size: 16px"><strong>Is there any difference between these DAWs when it comes to hip-hop and rap production in general?</strong></p>
<p style="font-size: 16px">Well, I must admit, I was able to produce the style of hip-hop and rap compositions with mixing and mastering effects without any issues on GarageBand, Logic Pro and Cubase in the same way as I do in FL Studio.</p>
<p style="font-size: 16px"><strong>But why did I stick to FL Studio and not the other DAWs when it comes to producing hip-hop and rap-style beats (projects)?</strong></p>
<p style="font-size: 16px">I must admit, it’s the way FL Studio is designed and developed; it’s simple to use, has great amounts of shortcuts and loads of great features. I found that <a href="https://www.apple.com/uk/mac/garageband/" target="_blank" rel="noopener">GarageBand</a> too simple for my liking and almost like an app people download on their phones to mess about and create music for fun, my personal opinion.</p>
<p style="font-size: 16px">I also found that Cubase had similar features to FL Studio, as most professional DAWs contain similar features, which include the playlist, piano roll, view step sequencer, effects, inputs and output settings and the mixer.</p>
<p style="font-size: 16px">Garage band was simply too basic for me.</p>
<p style="font-size: 16px">And when it came to Logic Pro (which I used in university to compose music at the University of Greenwich). I found that FL Studio had the view step sequencer to input the drum patterns, which was a huge turning point for me. I mean, it's my personal preference to input the drums within the view step sequencer; within Logic Pro, the producers are pretty much limited to piano roll. Of course there are plugins for view step sequencing, but FL Studio has implemented this feature within the mixer and its overall DAW, making it easy to access and easy to use.</p>
<p style="font-size: 16px">Saying that we have made a topic when it comes to <a href="https://creatorstudio.apple.com" target="_blank" rel="noopener">Logic Pro</a> VS <a href="https://www.image-line.com/" target="_blank" rel="noopener">FL Studio</a>.</p>
<p style="font-size: 16px"><strong>So why did I select FL Studio as my main go-to DAW when it comes to composing hip-hop and rap compositions?</strong></p>
<p style="font-size: 16px">The simple answer is the view step sequencer, and its features to simply drag the edges to make it fit more drums and the easy send to mixer sorting feature that it comes with are very beneficial and quick to work with. It also comes with an easy-to-understand playlist and sorting the playlist with multiple shortcuts to ease the workflow.</p>
<p style="font-size: 16px">Yes, this is my personal preference, and of course many people will find a DAW of their own choice, so I would recommend trying and testing out different DAWS and seeing how you get on, but personally I would recommend FL Studio for hip-hop and rap production, mainly because it comes with loads of free tutorials on YouTube and is very quick and fun to learn, and its new step sequencer features.</p>
<p style="font-size: 16px">Hope this topic will help everyone make the correct choice when it comes to selecting a DAW for modern hip-hop and rap beats (instrumental composing productions).</p>
<p style="font-size: 16px">Any questions, feel free to drop a reply below. Love and Peace!</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://justproducer.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>PAV - justproducer</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://justproducer.com/community/daw/what-is-the-best-daw-for-hip-hop-beat-production/#post-1372</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>What&#039;s Better? Melody Loops or using Virtual Instruments?</title>
                        <link>https://justproducer.com/community/music-production-techniques/whats-better-melody-loops-or-using-virtual-instruments/#post-1371</link>
                        <pubDate>Thu, 10 Sep 2026 14:53:59 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[What is Better? Melody loops or using virtual instruments? This is probably a question most music producers will ask during their process within music production overall, and I wanted to exp...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<strong>What is Better? Melody loops or using virtual instruments?</strong> This is probably a question most music producers will ask during their process within music production overall, and I wanted to expand on this: what is better? Using melody loops or composing melodies with virtual instruments.<br /><br />This is something which would probably bring up different opinions, but me personally, when it comes to producing music, I find that composing my own melodies and composing and coming up with my own chord progression is a lot more fun than using pre-made downloaded melody loops, which are usually royalty-free and can be used by the music producer to generate profit if they get lucky enough to go mainstream.<br /><br />But the real question is what is better? Using melody loops or using virtual instruments and composing your own melodies?<br /><br /><strong>Using Melody Loops (my personal opinion).</strong><br /><br />I believe that there is a certain section within music production in general which supports the use of melody loops, like the classic MPC music producers who create sampled beats. This style is going back to the 1970s and boomed within the mainstreamed music of the 1980s when sampled hip-hop and rap beats were very common within the music industry.<br /><br />There are still many classic and old-school hip-hop producers who love using MPC pads to generate sampled beats; even today, the likes of Jay-Z, Timbaland, the producer, and many other artists still use sampled beats.<br /><br />In my opinion it’s a form of art and a creative way of making different kinds of music and styles using an already composed melody loop.<br /><br />But I personally find it quite boring to use already pre-made melody loops and build a music composition around them. Personally, I like to construct my own melodies with virtual instruments and then use some awesome unique melody loops and vocal loops on top of my construction.<br /><br />I have in the past used this melody/loops plugin called <a href="https://output.com/products/arcade" target="_blank" rel="noopener">Arcade VST</a>, which actually held many melody loops and packs in one virtual instrument (advanced melody sampler). This plugin has got some perfect and ready-to-use vocal samples, loads of cool instruments, and this is a combination of sampling and a virtual instrumental sampler combined. But I quickly got bored of it. Don't get me wrong, it's probably one of the best melody samplers I have ever used, but it wasn’t free to use, and each new melody pack has to be pre-downloaded within the actual VST itself.<br /><br /><strong>Will I ever get Arcade again?</strong><br /><br />Yes! Maybe in the future, but not to create sampled melody loops, but instead to add to my current composition and add distinct sounds to improve my composed beats.<br /><br />Using Virtual Instruments to compose unique melodies (my personal opinion).<br /><br />Well, this is something which I have used for over a decade as a music producer, downloaded free to use VST plugins and composed my own melodies.<br /><br />Personally, using this technique instead of sampling melodies or using melody loops requires a lot more knowledge when it comes to playing the piano and some music theory and also involves a lot more creativity by the individual.<br /><br />Don’t get me wrong, but when I started producing, I had basic knowledge on how to play the piano, which I learned back in secondary school (music class). In my first few years as a music producer who was composing his own melodies, using virtual instruments, I lacked the full <a href="https://www.musictheory.net/">music theory</a>, which I didn't learn till afterwards. After this my musical compositions sounded a lot better.<br /><br />So yes, composing your own melodies does include the composer/producer having a little bit more knowledge of music theory and how to play the piano.<br /><br />So what is better? <a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/edmproduction/comments/9kdh13/what_do_you_use_all_these_melodic_loops_for/" target="_blank" rel="noopener">Melody loops</a> or <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Studio_Technology" target="_blank" rel="noopener">virtual instruments</a> for creating unique and composed melodies?<br /><br />Both melody-producing techniques are good in their own way, and both can be used independently or together as a hybrid, which is the most common style of music production in our modern world.<br /><br />Personally, this is something not many music producers can answer, because they both have their own perks when it comes to music production in general.<br /><br />It's all about the music producers' preference, in my personal opinion.<br /><br />Both of these styles of music production involve loads of skills, knowledge and creativity.<br /><br />This is a very interesting topic when it comes to music production overall. I would like to hear what other people think about this. Simply reply below to this topic; it will be interesting to see other music producers think about this. I am certain there will be divided opinions here.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://justproducer.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>PAV - justproducer</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://justproducer.com/community/music-production-techniques/whats-better-melody-loops-or-using-virtual-instruments/#post-1371</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Can you mix vocals professionally using FL Studio Core Plugins?</title>
                        <link>https://justproducer.com/community/music-production-techniques/can-you-mix-vocals-professionally-using-fl-studio-core-plugins/#post-1370</link>
                        <pubDate>Thu, 10 Sep 2026 14:25:35 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hey guys, this is a question most music producers have been asking, and I have been myself as a music producer for over a decade now and professionally releasing mixes and mastered music and...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Hey guys, this is a question most music producers have been asking, and I have been myself as a music producer for over a decade now and professionally releasing mixes and mastered music and vocals using FL Studio. I want to share some knowledge and feedback with the music production world.</p>
<p><strong>Can you mix vocals professionally using FL Studio Core Plugins?</strong><br /><br />The truth is, it’s all about knowledge and belief, or not; professional vocals can be achieved just by using core FL Studio plugins. But saying that using professional VST plugins would help dramatically when it comes to quality.<br /><br />And when it comes to mixing and mastering vocals, it also depends on the genre. Most vocals nowadays contain pitch correction, which is simply done with vocal sound signal processing VST plugins. These plugins tend to simply improve the pitch of the vocals, making them sound professional if the singer has sung the wrong pitch during live recording. This is where plugins such as Autotune come in.<br /><br />But also as an experienced music producer, when it comes to mixing and mastering rap vocals, I have learned that not all rap vocals contain pitch correction, meaning these vocals which don’t require pitch correction can easily be mixed and mastered inside FL Studio. Don't get me wrong, FL Studio has its own pitch correction tools, but the automated versions, which are premium plugins, are simpler and much easier to use, making the whole process 3/4 times faster.<br /><br />So can you mix and master vocals professionally inside FL Studio with just using basic plugins which come with FL Studio?<br /><br />The trust is YES! But it depends on what kind of vocals you are recording. Also, I wanted to share a vocal stack example below for simple rap vocals which don’t require pitch correction or any huge major enhancements.<br /><br /><br />Example of using the FL Studio vocal effects stack, which I would simply call the 'pro vocal effect master'.<br /><br /><strong>FL Parametric EQ 2</strong>: this can be used to saturate the vocals and get rid of any unwanted bands.<br /><br /><strong>FL Compressor</strong>: this can be used to compress unwanted frequencies. This is great when vocalists need full control of low, mid and high bands. It also comes with ratio settings and full control of frequencies.<br /><br /><strong>FL Limiter</strong>: this is great for vocals when vocals need a shelf where they sit. This plugin is great when it comes to frequency levels and setting up min and max outputs for frequency bands.<br /><br /><strong>Soundgoodizer</strong>, this plugin inside FL Studio is a great way to alter the sound signal completely with 4 different sound signal processing modes. This is a great FL Studio plugin; I simply use this on all of my vocals. Each of the selections can be used for a different style of vocals. Pre-made presets with mix output processing volume make it very easy to use and a simple way to add richness or smoothness or to simply saturate any vocals even deeper, as required.<br /><br />Now by using premium plugins such as<br /><br /></p>
<ul>
<li><a href="https://blog.landr.com/preamp-plugins/" target="_blank" rel="noopener">Pre-amp</a></li>
<li><a href="https://www.antarestech.com/" target="_blank" rel="noopener">Autotune Antares</a></li>
<li><a href="https://techivation.com/t-de-esser/" target="_blank" rel="noopener">Vocal De-essers</a> (to get rid of muddiness) such as vocal cleaner.</li>
</ul>
<br />These could be used to further enhance the vocals.<br /><br /><br /><strong>Outcome?</strong><br /><br />Personally I like to use a combination of FL Studio core plugins and also a combination of premium plugins; this way I am able to achieve a very good vocal effects stack inside FL and create some outstanding vocal mixes.<br /><br />So if anyone out there is starting off, I would recommend starting off with FL Studio Core plugins. Of course, starting off with premium plugins would dramatically improve the vocal quality and vocals overall, but saying this, I would highly recommend all music producers to explore different VST plugins and find that perfect vocal effect stack. To be quite honest, every music producer has a different way of mixing and mastering vocals; it all depends on the sound engineer.<br /><br />So if anyone is out there thinking of using FL Studio to mix and master vocals, I just want to let you know, you can simply use free Core FL Studio plugins and achieve some professional vocals. But remember, using paid or premium VSTS would go a long way, especially when mixing and mastering vocals for a signed and professional artist.<br /><br />Also, I hope this will help most music producers understand it's not really based on what plugins you use, but on how you use them and what modulation settings you place within the vocal stack. Also, have fun with it and experiment.<br /><br />I mixed and mastered vocals inside FL Studio for one of my songs back in 2019, and I have sent the track to a signed artist who’s now a friend of mine, and when he heard my track, he asked me, Who mixed your vocals? I said, 'He didn't believe me.' The thing is I mix and master vocals based on what I like to hear and try and not to copy anyone else on the internet, so my vocals are very high on the saturation with an underlay of normalized vocals giving a better density within the frequency range but also clear vocals which sit exactly within the balance range when it comes to mixing vocals, slightly higher in velocity, making them sound a lot clearer. I have also triple-processed the vocals with 3 sets of effect stacks, making them sound absolutely beautiful.<br /><br />So yes, mixing vocals is a form of art; it's almost like painting pictures. Instead, you're enhancing the sound signal with effects to get the final outcome. Remember that art is never wrong, meaning mixing vocals is never wrong either. No matter what your outcome of the mix is, there is no right or wrong. But sticking to a pattern within the vocal mixing world would help dramatically.<br /><br />This is from my personal experience as a music producer and sound engineer when it comes to mixing and mastering vocals.<br /><br />Hope this helps everyone gain a deeper understanding that FL Studio cor plugins can be used to mix and master vocals professionally, but using premium plugins would drastically improve the final outcome of the vocal mix.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://justproducer.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>PAV - justproducer</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://justproducer.com/community/music-production-techniques/can-you-mix-vocals-professionally-using-fl-studio-core-plugins/#post-1370</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: 2 FREE Trap FL Project Files - By Doctor B FREE FLP</title>
                        <link>https://justproducer.com/community/flp-projects/2-free-trap-fl-project-files-by-doctor-b-free-flp/#post-1367</link>
                        <pubDate>Sun, 02 Aug 2026 18:21:01 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I like it]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p style="text-align: left">I like it</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://justproducer.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>Tsietsi Nyani</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://justproducer.com/community/flp-projects/2-free-trap-fl-project-files-by-doctor-b-free-flp/#post-1367</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: Claps or Snares for Modern Hip-Hop Production?</title>
                        <link>https://justproducer.com/community/drum-kits-sample-packs/claps-or-snares-for-modern-hip-hop-production/#post-1365</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 03 Jul 2026 10:15:30 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Combining a clap and a snare is definitely a great for certain types of music productions. It was widely used by Timbaland back in the 2000s to 2010 during most of his number 1s.]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Combining a clap and a snare is definitely a great for certain types of music productions. It was widely used by Timbaland back in the 2000s to 2010 during most of his number 1s. </p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://justproducer.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>PAV - justproducer</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://justproducer.com/community/drum-kits-sample-packs/claps-or-snares-for-modern-hip-hop-production/#post-1365</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: How I designed my first ever VST Plugin - Months of work!</title>
                        <link>https://justproducer.com/community/instruments/how-i-designed-my-first-ever-vst-plugin-months-of-work/#post-1364</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 03 Jul 2026 10:12:13 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Photoshop is great when it comes to VST design that&#039;s true, GIMP can however achieve the same and its free and open source. It took me couple of months to get used to GIMP, to be honest I pr...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Photoshop is great when it comes to VST design that's true, GIMP can however achieve the same and its free and open source. It took me couple of months to get used to GIMP, to be honest I prefer it when it comes to certain features, once you get used to GIMP (software) it's a solid platform image manipulation tool. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>However, <a href="https://www.figma.com/ui-design-tool/" target="_blank" rel="noopener">Figma</a> is a much better online UI design tool. I have used this to design some major professional looking VST plugin UI, you should check it out!!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Once you use Figma, you won't go back to photoshop or GIMP, well at least I won't, but it's a personal preference to be honest. </p>
<p> </p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://justproducer.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>PAV - justproducer</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://justproducer.com/community/instruments/how-i-designed-my-first-ever-vst-plugin-months-of-work/#post-1364</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: Free Cubase EDM Template for Cubase with Sylenth1 VST</title>
                        <link>https://justproducer.com/community/cubase-project-files/free-cubase-edm-template-fo4r-cubase-with-sylenth1-vst/#post-1363</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 03 Jul 2026 10:03:04 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[What kind of project are you looking for?]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>What kind of project are you looking for?</p>
<p> </p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://justproducer.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>PAV - justproducer</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://justproducer.com/community/cubase-project-files/free-cubase-edm-template-fo4r-cubase-with-sylenth1-vst/#post-1363</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: Claps or Snares for Modern Hip-Hop Production?</title>
                        <link>https://justproducer.com/community/drum-kits-sample-packs/claps-or-snares-for-modern-hip-hop-production/#post-1362</link>
                        <pubDate>Tue, 30 Jun 2026 01:43:52 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[clap and snare]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>clap and snare</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://justproducer.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>PK Lamba</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://justproducer.com/community/drum-kits-sample-packs/claps-or-snares-for-modern-hip-hop-production/#post-1362</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: 5900+ Free Vital VST Presets to Download for Free</title>
                        <link>https://justproducer.com/community/vital-vst-presets/5900-free-vital-vst-presets-to-download-for-free/#post-1361</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 29 Jun 2026 14:05:43 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[i want it]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>i want it</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://justproducer.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>y6x9</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://justproducer.com/community/vital-vst-presets/5900-free-vital-vst-presets-to-download-for-free/#post-1361</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: 5900+ Free Vital VST fggPresets to Download for Free</title>
                        <link>https://justproducer.com/community/vital-vst-presets/5900-free-vital-vst-presets-to-download-for-free/#post-1358</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 25 May 2026 18:52:57 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[niice]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>niice</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://justproducer.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>Karthik</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://justproducer.com/community/vital-vst-presets/5900-free-vital-vst-presets-to-download-for-free/#post-1358</guid>
                    </item>
							        </channel>
        </rss>
		